Secure your Website and build Trust with clients
When an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate is added to your website, all information sent to and from your website is encrypted (or scrambled). As a result, visitors to your site will see their web browser display visual indications that your site is secure and that they may enter personal information or payment information with confidence.
An SSL Certificate provides the following security benefits for your Connecticut or Rhode Island small business website:
- Website indicators, including https utilization, padlock, and verification seal image
- Certificate verifies domain control
- SHA-2 & 2048-bit encryption
- InnoTech installs and manages your SSL renewal each year (for websites which we host)
- Advanced verification, which is an additional cost, also includes a Green (Trusted) address bar within your web browser
When To Use SSL
Does my website need an SSL Certificate?
Many websites are designed to communicate information to prospective clients or customers. If your website simply serves as an informative guide to your products and services, then an SSL Certificate is probably of little value. However, if your website collects information which might be sensitive (such as the completion of a job application) or it includes a "members only" section which is secured with a login of some sort, then you can help to build trust with your clients or prospects by utilizing an SSL Certificate on your website.
The cost is minimal and InnoTech can obtain and install the certificate on your behalf and manage its renewal each year.